Join your fellow landowners and community members to learn about how you can prepare your home and property for the 2013 Wildfire season and beyond at one of the Community and Wildfire Workshops hosted by FireSafe Montana.
The main focus this year is on forest and backyard stewardship practices that go hand in hand with wildfire hazardous fuel reduction. A quick example is helping homeowners choose slow growing “fire resistant” natives and deciduous trees (if possible native to Northern Rockies) to replace non-native ornamental plants, shrubs, and grasses.
Other topics will include:
1) Lessons learned on how wildfires impact Montana communities
2) Local fire history, fire behavior and fuel conditions
3) Dealing with forest insect and diseases
4) Presentation by the State Auditor's Office - Insurance Division
5) Local evacuation planning and protection
6) How FireSafe Montana can help with prevention planning
7) Grant programs available for financial assistance to reduce fire risk.
Four workshops will be held:
March 8 - 9 Helena Airport
April 6 Forsythe Haugo Center
April 13 Hamilton Bitter Root River Inn
April 26-27 Libby Memorial Building
For More Information and Registration go to www.FireSafeMT.org
or call 406-431-8718.